I have been an expat most of my life. I lived and worked in different countries in Europe and Africa and I am now living in the Netherlands for 13 years. My life and work experiences together with my passion for psychology and the intrinsic need to help my fellow human beings form the basis for my current work as psychologist, coach, counselor and trainer. My experiences as human being in different situations, in different parts of the world and the challenges I had to face in my own life, has given me the opportunity to have a broader perspective on the challenges people face in their lives, and a deep understanding of the importance of cultural context.
As a psychologist, counselor and coach I provide support to both Expats and Dutch nationals on a range of psychosocial problems affecting overall well-being, motivation, work satisfaction and performance. I also support organizations creating healthier workplaces for their employees and in the process reduce sickness rates, improve employee satisfaction and productivity. I speak fluently Portuguese, Spanish, Italian, English and Dutch which allows me to communicate in the client’s own language and get a better understand his/her cultural context.
My specialties includes:
- Work and Career Related Issues (work reintegration, work disability, work/life balance)
- Personal development, career change/advancement
- Stress, burnout, anxiety, depression
- Adjustment issues (expatriation and repatriation, including cultural shock and reverse cultural shock)
- Grief counseling to help people deal with grief and morning following major life changes
- Coaching and counseling for Master’s and PhD students
- Occupational health consultancy for organizations
- Master’s degree in Work & Organizational Psychology
- Master’s degree in Clinical Psychology
- BSc (Honours) in Psychology
- Professional Diploma in Counseling and Coaching
- Training in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- University degree in Economics